Application programming interface.
- API key
A unique key that is used for authenticating requests made via the API.
Can be either the personal key of a specific user, found on their account page, or a globally configured key available from .
- An implementation (typically a Python plugin) for accessing a particular type of storage using a specific protocol.
Actions in ftrack provide a standardised way to integrate other tools, either off-the-shelf or custom built, directly into your ftrack workflow.
- A container for asset versions, typically representing the output from an artist. For example, ‘geometry’ from a modeling artist. Has an asset type that categorises the asset.
- asset build
- A container to hold tasks that together define the work involved when creating something reusable such as a 3D model. An asset build is part of the visible project hierarchy and should not be confused with asset.
- asset path prefix
- A configurable prefix to use when constructing asset paths.
- asset type
- Category for a particular asset. Defined in ftrack web interface under .
- asset version
- A specific version of data for an asset. Can contain multiple components.
- A Python interface to Amazon Web Services. Read more at http://docs.pythonboto.org/en/latest/
- A container to hold any type of data (such as a file or file sequence). An asset version can have any number of components, each with a specific name. For example, a published version of geometry might have two components containing the high and low resolution files, with the component names as ‘hires’ and ‘lowres’ respectively.
- A menu that can be accessed using right click or from an arrow icon.
A commonly available client that can send and receive data over various protocols, including HTTP.
- disk prefix
- The operating system dependant prefix specified for a disk in the web interface.
- Daylight saving time.
Events are generated in ftrack when entities are changed or certain actions are performed.
- event plugin
- ftrack connect
Integration of ftrack with other systems and the desktop. Provided by a core service that runs on each individuals machine and then separate integration plugins into a variety of third-party software.
- Hiero Player
- Hiero Player is a digital review tool from http://www.thefoundry.co.uk
The Hypertext Transfer Protocol is an application protocol that serves as the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web.
- Integrations are used extend the functionality of an application and integrate it with another system, such as ftrack. ftrack offers several integrations, available from ftrack.com/integrations.
- ISO 8601
International standard for representation of date and time. For example:
- Jobs are used in ftrack to represent long-running tasks, such as media encoding and exports. The jobs menu is opened from the top bar.
- A list in ftrack is an object that can contain other objects. There are currently two types of lists, lists that can contain versions and lists that can contain other objects such as tasks.
Locations provides a way to easily track and manage data (files, image sequences etc.) using ftrack.
- An enhanced drop-in replacement for the MySQL database. Visit the website at https://mariadb.org
- Markup language with with plain text formatting syntax. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown
- ftrack is equipped with an internal messaging system that can be used to instantly send messages to other users. See Using Messages
- A milestone represents an important date. This could be final delivery or something else that people should be aware of.
- The menu at the top of the sidebar.
- A popular database. Visit the website at http://www.mysql.com
- notification bar
- A bar at the top of the screen of the ftrack web interface that appears when necessary to display important information.
- storage scenario
A storage scenario define where files should be stored when using ftrack integrated applications like ftrack connect and other integrations. This is typically related to the publishing and importing of a component attached to an asset version.
The built-in centralized storage scenario describes where your storage is mounted on different platforms and how files should be structured. The storage scenario can be configured from Configuring storage scenario.
- centralized storage scenario
This is the default storage scenario that is available in ftrack. The centralised storage scenario describes how files are stored on your central storage, where it is mounted on different platforms (Linux, Windows or OS X) and how paths are generated.
The storage scenario can be configured from Configuring storage scenario.
- A phase defines work that should be done for a project at a certain time. It can hold information about who should do it and what type of work it includes.
One of the request methods supported by the HTTP protocol. Typically used for sending data to a server.
- project folder
- A folder path, specific to a project, that will be used when constructing resource paths. Can be set via the web interface.
- project outliner
- The tree navigation to the left in the Projects section.
- A programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. Often used in creative industries. Visit the language website at http://www.python.org
- resource identifier
- A string that is stored in ftrack as a reference to a resource (such as a file) in a specific location. Used by accessors to determine how to access data.
- Room provides stress-free video calls and screen sharing within your browser. Visit their website at https://room.co/
- Representational state transfer (REST) is a programming architectural implementation commonly used by APIs on the web. Systems which implement REST are called ‘RESTful’ systems.
- RV is a digital review tool from http://www.tweaksoftware.com
- The sidebar is the panel that slides in from the right side when you click on a blue link in ftrack. It contains more information about that object and its children.
- tasks spreadsheet
- The main project view that shows the full project hierarchy with objects and their tasks.
- server location
- The ftrack server location, ftrack.server, is the location where all files that are Uploaded to the ftrack instance is kept. A Component in this location is not directly accessible with a file system path but can be Downloaded from the ftrack Web interface or transferred to other locations.
API / “protocol” for real time communication over WebSocket.
A unique value (typically in human readable form) that is often used for primary keys in entities.
- A protocol for bidirectional communication over a single connection. Used in ftrack for the event system. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket for more information.
- Workday length
- How many hours a full work day is. The value can be set in .